Live Dealer Blackjack Online
Blackjack (or 21) has long been popular because of its simplicity and semi-predictable nature. It's also one of the few games that can give experienced players an edge over the casino.
In blackjack, each card is assigned a value, and the idea is to have a hand that gets you as close to 21 as possible, without going over. If you exceed 21 you go bust. Cards are dealt one by one, and with each round, you can make the decision to stick, or have the dealer hit (deal) you another card. The higher the value of cards in your hand, the more risky it becomes to hit, as the likelihood of you exceeding 21 increases.
The beauty of playing blackjack in a live casino is you play with an actual human dealer. The cards are dealt to you in real time, so it's every bit as thrilling as being there in person.
Our reviewers place Jackpot City 1st for live dealer Blackjack, and we've put together a shortlist of sites that offer players an excellent casino experience.
We have collected the best live blackjack sites that offer you:
- Fast and easy payments with guaranteed security - These sites are eCOGRA verified and offer secure payment options such as credit and debit cards, Paypal and Skrill.
- All of the excitement of playing with a real dealer in a land casino, combined with the ease and privacy of playing from your own home online.
- The best cash bonuses out there, including welcome bonuses on your first deposit!
- Offers both in-browser games & download software
- Available on iPhone, Android, desktop and tablet
- 600+ Games including Slots, Blackjack, Roulette & more
- C$1600 Bonus for new Canadian players
- Best Live Dealer Blackjack Casino
- Up to a 97% payout ratio
- Regular cash bonuses
- Pays out over $5 million per day in winnings
10 cards are removed from the deck, leaving 48 cards in total. Extra payouts are awarded for achieving combinations such as a 7 card 21.
Similar to Spanish blackjack in that the 10's are removed from the deck. The dealers second card isn’t revealed until the end of the round and ace counts as 1 in a pre-double hand.
Doubling down can be done with both cards and the dealer must check blackjack prior to a player taking their turn, if an ace or a 10-point card is revealed.
See the Live Dealer Games in Action
- Everything is conducted in real time, there's nowhere to hide, and no way for the computer to have an unfair advantage.
- You can interact with the dealer in real-time just like you would if he or she were standing in front of you.
- You get the same excitement and thrill you feel when playing in a physical casino but without having to leave the comfort of your home.
Blackjack Playing Guide
If you've never played online blackjack before then it may seem wildly different to any other casino card game you've played before. Follow our simple step by step guide to get started and you'll be beating the dealer in no time!
- Join a table and place your bet. The dealer will give you a limited time in which to do this.
- Once the game starts all bets are final. Just like in a real casino the dealer will deal cards to you one by one.
- It's then up to you to decide whether to stick with your hand, or hit for another card.
- Whoever scores 21 or closest between you and the dealer (without going over) is the winner.
'Live' Dealer Blackjack Versus Virtual Casino Blackjack
Well, the obvious difference is the live element. Being able to watch a live stream of a real dealer, interacting with you in real-time is the closest virtual gaming has come to being able to replicate the experience of playing in a physical casino. The overall appearance of the live gaming versus the computer generated games is also a lot more sophisticated.
Live Dealer Blackjack appears in an array of trusted sites that you can play at with great confidence. However, there are blacklisted Canadian casinos listed below that an astute slot player will want to avoid due to issues like payout issues and shoddy customer service.
- Shoddy customer service and hard to contact
- Series of payout problems
- Lots of payout issues reported
- Failure to pay players after large winnings
Live Dealer Blackjack FAQ
What is the Live Blackjack Difference?
Normal online casinos keep costs down by using RNG’s (real number generators) to run their games. These are computer programs that make sure the roll of the dice or the shuffle of the deck is truly random and, if you can trust them, they should provide a fair game.
With live blackjack online, though, you aren’t relying upon a computer to do any of this. Instead, there is a real person (standing in front of a video camera) dealing the cards. In the process, the best live blackjack sites change the feel, the pace, and the security of the game - by taking them all towards what you’d find in a Canadian land based casino.
Do I need any specific software/hardware to play live blackjack?
No, not at all. If you have what it takes to play in normal Internet casino sites (a computer with internet access), then you should have no problem playing live blackjack games. The only thing you need to do is track down the top online live blackjack sites.
Are the rules the same?
Yes. Playing at the best blackjack sites that use real dealers doesn’t require you to learn anything new. In fact, live dealer blackjack might even be easier for players that are used to playing in brick and mortar casinos. It’s the closest thing you’ll find on the net.
Do all sites offer live dealer blackjack?
Absolutely not. Really, most sites have no interest in making your internet blackjack live. It’s more expensive and difficult to coordinate, so only the biggest, most trusted names in the business are prepared to operate the best live dealer blackjack card games.
Are live dealer games more popular?
At the moment, even the best live blackjack web games are relatively unknown. Having said that, though, they are quickly catching up with the non-live games. There is just something exciting about playing with online blackjack live dealers and, as players start to realize this, there’s no doubt that the market will continue to grow.
Will my welcome bonus still count for live dealer blackjack?
It should! Just make sure you’re counting on the right bonus. Most live blackjack net providers have a separate, albeit smaller, bonus for players that want to only enjoy live games.
Can I play online blackjack live dealer games 24/7?
Yes, you can. Every casino may have its own set hours but you can bet that there are 24/7 live dealer blackjack sites out there. It’s just another one of the perks of playing online.
How do I know the casino is playing fair in live blackjack games?
These live casinos are actually even easier to trust than their purely-digital counterparts because seeing is believing. Online blackjack live dealers are actually shuffling the cards under the watchful eye of a camera (not to mention the players). You no longer have to put your faith in the hands of a random number generator.
Can I see other players in games hosted by real dealers?
Right now, live dealer blackjack is still generally using a one-way system. Everyone can see the dealer, but nobody can see the players. However, with a realistically limited number of players sitting at the table at any given moment, it’s easy to chat with each other (as well as the dealer) in the best online live blackjack sites for Canadians.
- Real Money
- Best Bonuses
- Canadian Dollars
- No Download
- Gambling in Canada
- Highest Payouts
- No Deposit
- Free Games
- Video Poker
- No Zero Roulette
- Sports Betting
- Multi-wheel Roulette
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- European Roulette
- Pai Gow