Canada’s Best NBA Betting Sites for 2020
Online betting on basketball is popular in all of North America including Canada, who has teams such as the Toronto Raptors representing in the NBA. Therefore it comes as no surprise that Canadians are keen to get some basketball betting tips and get themselves into the action and make some real cash.
Luckily we’ve done the hard work for you, and have found the best places in Canada to do your online betting. Choosing one of our recommended online gambling establishments will ensure that you get a quality experience, as well as:
- Betting in Canadian Dollars
- The latest fixtures and results
- Safe and Secure Deposit and Withdrawal options
- Features the newest security software
- Easily clearable C$100 Welcome Bonus
- In-play betting all top sports events
- Very friendly player support
- Impeccable security track record
- Get C$150 free, plus C$30 Welcome Bonus
- Place bets on Canada's favourite sports
- Great promotions, like treble winnings
- Generous welcome bonus when you join
- Bet on tons of sports with great odds
- Rewarding loyalty scheme based on points
- Customer service team available 24/7
The NBA final sees the final of each conference take on each other in a best of seven series, with each team getting home and away games. This gives betters not only big an opportunity to win, but also, since it is the final, often the best odds too.
The NBA – A Brief Overview
The NBA can be seen as the premier basketball event, as it draws the most spectators from around the world. Composed of thirty sides, 29 of those are North American, and the Toronto Raptors proudly represent Canada as the final side.
The Season begins every year in October, and cumulates in the NBA Grand Final, held in April. Within the season there are plenty of matches and betting opportunities galore, so there is ample opportunity to make some real money.
The league is split into two sides, The West and East, which each have to fight to win their respective conference. The winner of each conference gets to make their way to the NBA final, the most watched basketball event in the world.
What Makes a Good Basketball Betting Site?
Trustworthiness is always at the front and centre when it comes to choosing any basketball betting sites, as it is your money on the line at the end of the day. An online casino that has quick and fast withdrawal and payout options and pays quickly is always a good sign.
As a responsible better you always have to take a look at the basketball betting odds available on any casino online, as they may differ from site to site. Knowing your NBA odds before making a bet is paramount, as it is often the key to making a profit while sports betting.
Some Basketball Betting Tips
NBA betting can be a scary thing to start doing, so we put together a few NBA betting tips to help you start on the right path to success.
Firstly, as the proud Canadian you are, it is important to realize that the Toronto raptors betting odds may not always be the best. More often than not, betting on the winning side constantly can actually hamper your earnings, as the odds are usually in the winners favour, meaning less reward.
If you want to maximize your bets, a Toronto raptors bet may not reap the most reward. Rather check out the matches for the week, look at the odds and then make your decision from there.
It is also important to know exactly what bets are available to you, as there is more than one way to bet on a game.
Know Your Betting Lines
Since the bets and potential earnings differ in the various types of bets, it is always best to know the type of bet you’re making, and your chances of winning. The Toronto raptors betting line can feature a few bets, including:
- Points Spread – Slightly more complex than the win bet, the points spread bet involves not only betting who will win, but also how much they will win by and the score difference between the two teams.
- Parlays – Parlays are accumulators, in that it is a series of bets that has you winning big at the end should you get all the bets right.
- Over/Unders – Also known as totals, this type of bet has you guessing the total points scored in a game. The bookmakers will choose and estimate, and you bet above or below that line.
- Money Lines – the most basic of sports bet, the money line wager is a bet on who you think will win a certain match. If your team wins, you win too. It’s that simple.
- Futures – This is the long-haul bet, and will have you betting on a winning team right at the start of a league. If you’re looking for quick wins, this is definitely not for you.
- Props – short for proposition bet, props are often not about the outcome of a game, but rather the dealings within the game itself. Who scored first? How long did the first goal take? When was the first corner? These are all props bets.
Money Line bets are the most popular, but if you are looking to make some serious cash, it may be better to make use of puck line bets and parlays, which can earn you some serious payout. Generally, since props bets can be very random, it is advised to only do these bets for fun, since the chance of winning is very low.
Knowing things like the NHL odds on the Stanley cup, NHL series odds and the various NHL betting lines can all steer you on the path towards big real money wins, so knowledge is definitely power.
Make Your Bets While On or Off the Court
Thanks to the wonders of the modern basketball betting app it is now easier than ever to do some online betting while on the move. All you need is your Android, iPhone or tablet and an internet connection!
Smartphone users have a multitude of apps available to them to help them gamble while mobile, and most online casinos nowadays can also be accessed through the phone or tablets browser, meaning there’s no excuse to miss a bet no matter where you are.
Get Free Bets and Promotions to boost your wins
Free bets are an absolute must, as they can go a long way to boosting your income and bankroll while online betting on basketball. Many of our recommended casinos make use of regular free bet promotions, which gives you the chance to earn some extra cash.
Risk-free betting is also a promotion that should be taken as often as possible, as these bets will not have you lose money should your team not win, which is a great safety net for when you make those risky bets.
Many online casinos will also offer you enhanced odds on certain matches or when signing up, which should also be taken advantage of in order to maximize your potential wins and get those big jackpots.
Get Betting Today!
Betting on basketball and the MLB has never been easier, and our recommended online casinos will offer you the quality experience you’re looking for as well as some of the best odds around.
What are you waiting for? Put your basketball knowledge to good use and get gambling today!
How can I bet on basketball games?
Choose from one of our recommended casinos to start your basketball gambling experience today at the best casinos for Canadian gamblers!
How do NBA lines work?
This refers to point spread betting, and in essence, you’re not only choosing a winner when you bet, but also how much they’re going to win by.
What is a handicap in basketball betting?
A handicap bet is a money line bet except a handicap number is assigned to each team. In order to win your bet, your team has to win by more than the handicap in order to actually win.
What is an over under bet in basketball?
This is also known as a total bet, and is the combined points score for both teams in a game. The bookmaker will set an estimate number, and you will have to bet above or below that number.
Are free bets offered for basketball games?
Of course! Make use of as many free bet promotions as you can, as it can go a long way into boosting your bankroll and potential wins.
Expert Casino Guides
- Real Money
- Best Bonuses
- Free Games
- No Download
- Highest Payouts
- No Deposit
- Mega Moolah
- History of Gambling in Canada
- Reputable Casinos Guide
- Top 10 Tips
- Become a Casino Dealer
- Gambling Laws