Casinos in Québec - Play Local or Online
- Population: 8.440 million (est. 2018)
- Area: 1,542,056 km²
- Founded: 1608
- Gross Domestic Product: 380,972 billion CAD (2012)
With all its stunning scenery and colonial history, it's easy to see why Quebéc is never short on visitors. And for any would-be gamblers, it has tons to offer. From mega-casinos in the city, to smaller venues surrounded by lush gardens and golf courses, you'll find it all in this unique province. For Montréal's guide visit our page here.
Check out our top picks of Quebéc casinos below.
Casino de Charlevoix
Casino de Charlevoix benefits from a stunning location and adjoins the fabulous Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu hotel. Visitors to the casino can play on the 20 gaming tables or 800+ slot machines, as well as testing their nerve at Poker. They now have a great range of dice rolling games too, including Sic Bo and Craps, and they deliver even more fun in the multi-game zone where you can take a ‘game station’ between friends. Make low wagers and just have fun whilst you track your progress on a live screen.
When staying at the nearby hotel guests can enjoy features such as the luxurious spa and health club as well as the neighboring golf course. Not to mention the stunning views across the Saint Lawrence River.
For dining you have two great options - Le Charlevoix which is known in the region for being the best place to eat, and Le Saint Laurent which welcomes you for brunch and buffets.
Pros: A popular casino featuring high-class facilities in a luxurious setting, with plenty of gaming options.
Cons: New tables can be a bit slow to open up when the casino is busy at the weekends.
- Address: 183 Rue Richelieu, La Malbaie, QC, G5A 1X8
- Telephone: 800-665-2274
- Website: Casino de Charlevoix
Salon De Jeux Trois Rivières
Salon de Jeux offers clients an electronic casino experience. The casino is quite small but its 200+ games cover electronic versions of favorites like blackjack and roulette to compensate for the absence of real dealer tables. With VLTs, electronic Keno, and slot machines, there’s no shortage of opportunities to win.
It's also right next to Hippodrome 3R which hosts races from Spring to Autumn every Thursday to Sunday.
Lack of live dealer tables will be a big turn-off for people seeking a more 'authentic' casino experience rather than machine gaming.
Pros: There is a friendly environment in the casino and a spacious sports bar serving good quality food and drinks.
Cons: Lack of live dealer tables will be a big turn-off for people seeking a more 'authentic' casino experience rather than machine gaming.
- Address: 1900 Boulevard des Forges, Trois-Riviéres, QC, G8Z 0A3
- Telephone: 877-700-5836
- Website: Salon De Jeux Trois Rivières
Casino de Montréal
Casino de Montréal is the biggest Quebéc casino, and indeed the biggest in Canada. Name any table game and you’ll probably find it here, with a vast selection of over 100 including blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps and more. You’ll also find over 3,200 slot machines.
If you're new to gaming, head over to The Zone which allows you to play with the lowest bets of the casino. It’s led by a game host and see how you’re doing across one of the 80 interactive screens.
They have a range of amazing dance and music shows on all year round, many of them for free. With a range of restaurants on offer, you can choose from fine dining to on-the-go grills, and the bars are just as divine. Everything you could want is right here.
Pros: The biggest casino in Canada pretty much sells itself in terms of the quality and quantity of gaming options.
Cons: During peak hours at weekends it can be tricky to find low cost table games.
- Address: 1 Avenue du Casino, Montréal, QC, H3C 4W7
- Telephone: 514-392-2746
- Website: Casino de Montréal
How We Rate and Review
Gambling is a lot of fun when you're in the right place. We base our reviews on a number of criteria to ensure the recommendations we bring you will cover your needs. We look for a good choice of gaming options as well as the quality of facilities and other amenities onsite, such as dining and entertainment. You should enjoy the whole experience, not just the games. Although if games is all you're after, you should still be satisfied with the casinos we offer!
We use the opinions and experiences of players just like you when we rate, so you know you can gamble in places that cater for their players.
Gambling in Quebéc
Gambling in Quebéc has been enjoyed legally since the 1970s and continues to gain popularity and momentum. Anyone in the province of Quebéc, whether a resident or tourist, can enjoy the following types of gambling:
- Casinos - check out our top picks, all overseen by the Quebéc Alcohol, Racing, and Gaming Commission.
- Video Lottery Terminals - Relatively late in the game, VLTs were only made legal here in 1994. Since the legalization, some 12,000 have been installed across brasseries, gaming arcades, and bars.
- Lottery - The oldest form of gambling in the province and still ever popular. A wide range of lotteries are drawn daily.
- Horse Racing - There’s only one track still in action, but bettors can place offtrack bets at a number of establishments around the province.
- Bingo & Charitable Gaming - Loto Quebéc licenses Bingo, Kinzo and Raffles throughout the province.
- Sports Betting - Wagers can range between two and eight, but all must win in order to receive a payout, and can be made in certain convenience stores.
- Online Casinos - We recommend betting at an offshore site rather than the government-run websites for better odds and bonuses.
Best Online Casinos for Quebéc
If you would like to gamble but would rather stay at home, online gambling is for you. We have compiled a list of the best sites for Quebécois residents to play on, so take a look down below. Whether you're playing in English or French, most of our sites sport software supporting both languages, so you can play with ease, knowing your money is safe and secure.
Many of our featured sites host special promotions and events just for players living in the province or the rest of the country. These can be an excellent opportunity for online casino players living in Quebéc to connect and interact with other online gamblers in their community.
All our featured sites accept the most popular payment methods in the region, such as major credit cards (Visa/Mastercard) and direct bank transfers. You can also be sure that depositing money and withdrawing your winnings will be quick and easy.
Check out our top picks here and get signed up!
- Offers both in-browser games & download software
- Available on iPhone, Android, desktop and tablet
- 640+ Games including Slots, Blackjack, Roulette & more
- C$1600 Bonus for new Canadian players
- Easy-to-use Web and Mobile casino
- Payouts of over C$5 million each day
- Some of the biggest progressive jackpots around
- C$1000 Bonus for new Canadian players
- Microgaming powered Flash software
- Hundreds of great casino games to choose from
- Some of the biggest progressive jackpots around
- C$750 Bonus for new Canadian players
- New players get C$1200 in bonuses
- 700+ games from Microgaming
- Top customer support 24/7/365
- Incredible rewards for VIP players
- Over 3,500 slots and games from leading providers
- Massive live dealer platform from Evolution Gaming
- Record-breaking withdrawals in up to 2 hours
- Player-prioritised support team available 24/7
Blacklisted Canadian Casinos
Try leading casinos guaranteed to be safe from our custom list down below, or you can build your own list using our search tool for casinos.
Before you hit the best casinos or sites, it’s worth making sure you know all the rules and answer any questions you may have about gambling in Quebéc.
What is the Minimum age to Play in Casinos in Quebéc?
Quebéc is one of the few locations in Canada that allow gambling at just 18 years of age. The standard is 19 years, and this makes the area more popular for French tourists.
Does Quebéc Regulate it?
There are local Quebéc gambling regulations as well as national rules that have to be abided by. That's why rules change based on location and why gamblers can get started earlier in Quebéc.
What is the Tax Situation in Quebéc?
As a gambler in Quebéc you won't have to pay taxes on your winnings most of the time. If you're from another country you have to stick with the laws of your country. If you are a professional gambler and you win most of your living wage from casinos annually you will pay taxes just like any other professional.
What does the Future look like for Gambling in Quebéc?
Quebéc is a major tourist location and a top gambling destination. That's not going to change anytime soon and local laws should allow gambling for many years to come.
How Should I Stay Safe at an Online Casino in Quebéc?
Carefully select the online casinos at which that you gamble real money. Rely on top casino lists or reviews to select worthy choices. There are certification companies that certify each casino online in Canada so look for the seal of approval for added security. Adding money with casino debit cards is another helpful security measure.
Where can I find a List of the Best Casinos in Quebéc?
We have a guide to the best casinos in Quebéc right here on this page! Whether you're looking for land based casinos or some online sites, we've got you covered.
Is it Better to Play at Offline or Online Casinos in Quebéc?
This question can really only be answered by you and depends a lot on what you want. If you're looking for a quick game on the go, or to play whilst curled up on the sofa using your phone, then online casinos are what you need. They also often offer fantastic bonuses and promotions.
If, on the other hand, you fancy heading out to play a range of games and feel the tension and excitement in the air, then head to a land-based Quebéc casino.
- Real MoneyMost Popular
- Best BonusesRecommended
- Free Games
- No Download
- Sports Betting
- Highest Payouts
- No Deposit
- 88 Fortunes Megaways
- Hot Shot Progressive
- Mega Moolah
- Monopoly Megaways
- Quick Hit Platinum
- Wheel of Wishes
- History of Gambling in Canada
- Reputable Casinos Guide
- Top 10 Tips
- Become a Casino Dealer
- Gambling Laws