PokerStars Poker Review
Get your C$600 FREE bonus from PokerStars!
Generous C$600 Welcome Bonus
Wide Range of Games and Tournaments
Available in languages including English and French
- Loyalty Club
- Hits & Misses
PokerStars has one of the best site designs and user experiences of any online poker room. It feels luxurious and fun, complete with a wide range of tournaments and events. You can learn how to play poker online and compete in high-stakes games, all from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Enjoy a variety of bonuses such as a C$600 welcome bonus when you sign up today at PokerStars.
PokerStars Poker Review
PokerStars combines fabulous site design and user interface with a huge range of tournaments and events. You'll feel luxurious playing at the PokerStars online poker rooms, and then enjoy the luxury when you win high-stakes games. Start with the C$600 welcome bonus when you sign up, and then you can join freerolls or high-stakes games as you desire. There are even incredible PokerStars apps to help you play the best poker online, or improve your poker games in person.
Bonuses and Promotions
You can take advantage of numerous bonuses and promotions at PokerStars. In fact, there are two welcome bonuses to choose from.
- 100% match bonus up to C$600 - claim with up to 3 deposits in 60 days
- Or enjoy a generous bonus of C$30 of Free Play when you deposit C$20
- Enjoy your bonuses as you unlock them for the coming days and weeks
The C$600 welcome bonus is released in C$10 increments every time you earn 180 redemption points for the next four months or until the bonus is fully cleared. This is fairly standard for online poker rooms, but if you aren't planning to deposit that much or you want to use your bonus right away, the C$30 of free play might be a better option as you get Spin & Go tickets and cash bonuses for your first six days on the site, giving you ample opportunities to play different games and tournaments as you get used to playing at PokerStars. The rewards even keep coming with numerous other themed, weekly and special bonuses and promotions.
Poker Games and Variations
PokerStars has a competition-worthy variety of online poker games. You can choose from popular variations like Texas Hold'em, Omaha High, Omaha Hi/Lo and Seven Card Stud. There are also options to play HORSE, Five Card Draw, Courchevel, 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi and Unfold Hold'em.
Beyond offering so many different types of poker games, PokerStars teaches you how to play them. There's a full poker school online, with automated tutorials to teach you the basics, the rules and strategy. This way you can learn all about new variations of online poker and jump into the best games with minimal trepidation.
When you start a tournament, all players have the same amount of chips. As play goes on, the blinds and antes increase at set intervals and when a player loses all their chips, they are out of the tournament. The last player standing is the winner and rewarded with the biggest share of the prize pool.
As there’s such a vast selection, we’ve narrowed down the most popular types of tournaments at PokerStars:
- Bounty: These tournaments put a cash prize on players' heads. This can either be on specific players or even all players. Get payouts for eliminating targets, separate from the payout you might get from winning the tournament.
- Guaranteed: In many of the cash tournaments at PokerStars, the prize pool is guaranteed. The prizes can range from C$500 to C$1000000.
- Heads-Up: Also called a 1-on-1 tournament, players are matched in pairs and play a bracket tournament until only one player is left. This thrilling shoot-out-style tournament is a nice change of pace and sure to keep you on your toes.
- Rebuy: You get the opportunity to buy more chips during the event. Contrary to normal ‘freeze out’ tournaments that boot you out of the tournament when you run out of chips, rebuy events let you buy more chips.
- Sit & Go: These tournaments don't have set start times, instead kicking off as soon as all the seats are filled. There are many forms of these tournaments and they can be heads-up or even satellite events.
- Spin & Go: Each tournament has only three players. Before it starts, there's a random draw to find out what the prize will be, ranging from 2-12000 times the buy-in. So a C$1 Spin & Go tournament could end up paying out thousands.
- Time: These events have a pre-set duration, usually 15, 25 or 45 minutes. Once the clock runs out, all remaining players get a portion of the prize pool based on their final chip count.
- Zoom: Fold your hand and move to a new table with new opponents. This speeds things up as you aren't waiting for each hand to play out before playing the next.
Currencies and Languages
When you sign up with PokerStars, you'll be encouraged to use your local currency. But you are also allowed to add a second currency if you like. You can use Canadian Dollars, US Dollars, Euros and British Pounds. The site is also fully accessible in a variety of languages, including English, Italian and Spanish.
PokerStars' Loyalty Club
PokerStars has a Stars Rewards program to help you earn rewards tailored to you. Earn points every time you play real money games. Collect enough points to complete a progress bar and you'll win a chest with a variety of rewards including StarsCoin, free play and more. Use your StarsCoin for bonus cash or buy into tournaments and events. You can even win seats to qualify for major poker events around the world like the PokerStars Championship tournaments.
When you deposit your Canadian Dollars at PokerStars, you can choose from a vast range of payment methods.
It's great to see how many payment methods are accepted at PokerStars. Not only is it convenient for players to be able to use a debit or credit card with Visa or MasterCard, but it's also a sign of how reputable a gambling site is. By letting players use direct bank transfers, ecoPayz, paysafecard and many other options, it proves that PokerStars has powerful connections with trusted online banking portals. This is only possible if there's a degree of trust.
It's important to note that you won't be able to withdraw your winnings with every type of deposit method. For example, many people assume that because a site offers payouts to cards, that their MasterCard will be viable, when in fact it isn't.
PokerStars truly takes mobile poker to the next level. There are ideal solutions for every poker player and their apps can help you win big on your own terms. The PokerStars Mobile Poker App is available for download on iOS and Android, giving you absolute freedom to choose where and when you want to play poker.
Download the app to your Apple iPhone or iPad, or Android smartphone or tablet such as those made by LG, Samsung, Huawei, Motorola or Sony. Then simply tap the “play now” button to let you instantly join your favourite games and tournaments.
If you also like to play real-life poker games at home with friends, there's a PokerStars Clock app to help you host the perfect home poker game. You can decide the size and length of blind levels, buy-ins, rebuys and add-ons. You can even set a tournament timer for when the game needs to end and everyone must go home. No matter what your poker desires, there's an ideal PokerStars app for you.
What makes PokerStars' mobile software good?
- Tailor-made especially for iOS and Android apps
- Extra app customized for home poker games
- Enjoy the best games and tournaments
PokerStars has a license with the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission. This independent body is focused on three core principles. These are to keep gambling crime-free, to protect the young and vulnerable, and to ensure that licensed holders offer fair gameplay where players receive their true winnings. In order to get this certification, PokerStars had to pass a rigorous vetting process, proving that they are trustworthy.
This secure online poker room uses 128-bit SSL encryption technology. This is the same level of protection that
The site is so well designed that most players will easily find anything they are looking for. There are even detailed FAQ sections to answer a variety of queries in every category. But, if you still have questions or need an issue resolved, you can get in touch with the customer support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are live chat options within the software, or you can use the contact form to submit an email to the relevant department.
PokerStars Hits and Misses
While our detailed PokerStars review can give you all the information you're looking for, we also know that it can be easiest to see it all at a glance. So here are the strengths and weaknesses of this online poker room:
- Enjoy a generous C$600 welcome bonus
- Tailor-made apps just for iOS and Android
- Vast array of poker variations and tournaments
- Available in your currency and language of choice
- Bonuses released in increments
- No Skrill, Neteller or Paypal
When preparing this review of PokerStars, our team of experts were very impressed by the site design and experience. Compared to so many other online poker rooms, PokerStars is a premium set up, with a huge selection of games, tournaments and more. Even the apps are designed with every poker player in mind, ideal for those looking to play mobile poker or even those looking to have a better time at their regular poker game.
No matter your poker playing level, or even how big your bankroll might be, you can have a great time at PokerStars. Sign up today to enjoy your welcome bonus of choice. Join other winners across Canada jumping into the hottest action in 2020.
- Real Money
- Best Bonuses
- Free Games
- No Download
- Sports Betting
- Highest Payouts
- No Deposit
- Mega Moolah
- All Slots
- Cabaret Club
- Casino Land
- Casino Room
- Euro Palace
- Gaming Club
- Leo Vegas
- Lucky 247
- Lucky Nugget
- Mega Moolah
- Mummy's Gold
- Platinum Play
- River Belle
- Roxy Palace
- Royal Panda
- Spin Palace Sports
- Sports Interaction
- Thrills Casino
- Unibet Sports
- Vegas Palms