Best Prepaid Card Casinos
We’ve shortlisted the best online casinos that accept prepaid cards – check them out below! This month, our expert team has ranked Jackpot City as the best online casino for Canadian players.
All casinos on our shortlist offer:
- Easy and quick deposits using your prepaid Visa or prepaid MasterCard
- Great incentive offers when you sign-up using your prepaid card
- Round the clock customer service that doesn't leave you hanging
- Great playing experience on desktop or mobile
- Massive range of over 600 games
- Many different depositing options, including Neteller
- New players receive a huge C$1600 bonus
- Play many games created by Microgaming
- Deposit with Neteller, plus many other methods
- Progressive jackpots often worth over $1 million
- Massive C$1000 welcome bonus on offer
- Over 450 games, including slots and roulette
- Huge prizes, including impressive progressive jackpots
- Fantastic app available to mobile players
- C$750 welcome bonus for all new players
- New players get C$1200 in bonuses
- 700+ games from Microgaming
- Top customer support 24/7/365
- Incredible rewards for VIP players
- Over 3,500 slots and games from leading providers
- Massive live dealer platform from Evolution Gaming
- Record-breaking withdrawals in up to 2 hours
- Player-prioritised support team available 24/7
- C$1750 in welcome bonuses
- 400 of the hottest games
- Licensed by the UKGC & MGA
- Tons of immersive live dealer games
- Available on both desktop and mobile
- Sleek and modern graphics
- More than 500 games to play
- Rewarding loyalty program
- Over 400 thrilling games
- Progressive jackpots worth millions
- Sleek mobile gameplay available
- Generous welcome bonus for new Canadian players
- Amazing selection of over 460 games
- Progressive jackpots with huge value
- Smooth play on both desktop and mobile
- C$1,200 Bonus for new Canadian players
- Over 800 games including video poker, slots and blackjack
- Get bonus points from day one
- Excellent customer support 7 days a week
- Play games on your mobile, desktop or tablet
What Are Prepaid Cards?
A prepaid Visa or prepaid MasterCard is one that comes pre-loaded with a set amount of real money, sort of like a gift card. This makes them great for capping your spending and preserving your bankroll.
Before you use a prepaid debit card, you simply need to load money onto it from one of your bank accounts. When this money runs out, you simply top the card back up. If you want to limit your spending at online casinos, it’s a great option.
Best Prepaid Cards
|Payment method||Main Features|
|Vanilla Mastercard||Use worldwide, funds never expire, no credit check needed|
|BMO Prepaid Mastercard||Use worldwide, protection against unauthorized use|
|CIBC Smart™ Prepaid Visa||Easy online reload, funds never expire, won’t affect your credit rating|
|Canada Post Prepaid Reloadable Visa||Free card-to-card transfer, protection against unauthorized use, no credit check needed|
|Opt+ Prepaid Mastercard||Use the Android or Apple mobile app, receive email and text alerts|
Any online casino in Canada that accepts Visa debit, Visa Credit or MasterCard as a payment method will accept a prepaid MasterCard or prepaid Visa too.
The first thing you'll need to do is actually get yourself a prepaid MasterCard or Visa. You'll find these cards widely available in Canada, from superstores to banks, or you can even order them online.
The great thing about these prepaid cards is they're completely anonymous. They don't hold any of your personal data or link to your bank accounts or credit cards so they're ideal for protecting your security online. Just one tip - be sure the prepaid card you choose is accepted for international use too, or you may find yourself restricted to where you can use it online.
Prepaid Card Gambling Explained
The process of using an online casino with prepaid card payments is incredibly simple in that it mirrors, almost perfectly, the process of making a payment using a traditional credit or debit card. And, let's face it, the vast majority of us are familiar with making credit/debit card payments online by now!
Here's what the deposit process will look like at a prepaid card casino:
- Visit the cashier area and select Visa, MasterCard or whatever other provider your prepaid card is powered by
- Just like with a normal card, you'll be prompted to enter the long number and security code associated with your prepaid card
- Choose how much cash you want to deposit, which could be part or all of your prepaid card balance, then wait for the funds to clear
Occasionally, prepaid card payments take a little longer to clear but that's not always the case. You'll generally be able to start playing using your prepaid card balance in a matter of minutes. Just make sure you hold on tight to any card with a remaining balance as, unless the card comes paired with an online account, you'll be unable to put a hold on a lost card and/or recover any lost funds.
Where to Use Your Card
Any online casino in Canada that accepts Visa debit, Visa Credit or MasterCard as a payment method will accept a prepaid MasterCard or prepaid Visa too, so you won't have any trouble finding a casino online to play at.
Just make sure you select a site from our best rated list as these casinos have all been tried and tested by us, and we can verify that they offer Canadians the best prepaid MasterCard and prepaid Visa casino experience. One that is safe, secure and legitimate. After all, not all online casinos are created equal and it's our job to weed out the dodgy ones to avoid from the ones that will give you a great player experience and make it easy for you to cash-out when you win.
Don't have a Prepaid card? See what other types of payment are available for online casinos.
Blacklisted Canadian Casinos
Locate fun online casinos known for security and game quality using our casino finder utility, or even better, get started right now with one of the options from our premade list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Prepaid Visa and MasterCard's work in Canada?
Yep, they sure do. In fact prepaid Visa and MasterCard's are fast becoming one of the most popular payment methods in Canadian online casinos.
How do I use a Prepaid Visa or MasterCard?
Just the same way as you would a normal debit or credit card. Just enter the details on the front of the card to register it to your online casino account. Then you're ready to make a deposit.
Do prepaid Visa and MasterCard's allow online casino transactions?
Absolutely. We've heard no reports of Canadians having issues using this payment method in an online casino. Providing the casino accepts MasterCard and Visa as a form of payment you'll have no trouble using a prepaid card.
How long do deposits and withdrawals typically take with Prepaid Cards?
Deposits are instant. Once your card is registered you can upload funds to your account and they'll show up immediately. Just remember with a prepaid Visa or MasterCard you can never exceed the amount on the card. Withdrawals depend on the casino itself, and the withdrawal method you use as prepaid cards can't be credited with funds, but typically up to 3-5 days from the request is a normal amount of time for most withdrawals to be processed.
Are prepaid Visa and MasterCard's safe to use?
Absolutely. The card details are unique to each card and there's no link to your personal details or bank accounts so they're one of the safest methods of making a payment online.
Are there charges for online use of Prepaid Cards?
Yes usually. It's not uncommon for an online casino to charge a nominal transaction fee for depositing funds using this method. Although sometimes this will be waived if the amount you deposit is above a certain threshold. It's best to check the individual casino's T&Cs for more details of any transactional charges as these can differ from site to site.
- Real MoneyMost Popular
- Best BonusesRecommended
- Free Games
- No Download
- Sports Betting
- Highest Payouts
- No Deposit
- 88 Fortunes Megaways
- Hot Shot Progressive
- Mega Moolah
- Monopoly Megaways
- Quick Hit Platinum
- Wheel of Wishes
- History of Gambling in Canada
- Reputable Casinos Guide
- Top 10 Tips
- Become a Casino Dealer
- Gambling Laws